Hideki Matsuyama wins The Masters
Before I talk about anything else I just want to say how nice it was to have the Masters back on its normal weekend. Obviously covid but a pretty big halt on the entire world this time last year. In 2020 the tournament was played in November so it was weird to see two green jackets given away within a few short months. For me the Masters always represents that spring is officially here and summer is coming quickly. From the beautiful pink dogwood flowers to the deep green grass everything just looks perfect.
Now moving onto the actual event this year. As I said before this year was different but the course was its old usual self. Even the top golfers in the world struggle with this course. Last years winner and the #1 golfer in the world, Dustin Johnson, didn't even make the cut this year. To stay on par with this year being different Hideki Matsuyama won the tournament. Making him the first ever Japanese born person to win both a major championship and the Masters. It is refreshing to see some new faces in the spotlights of golf as sometimes it can fall into a rut with the same players getting the attention over and over again. Congrats to Hideki and hopefully he can stay on a hot streak as he continues to play more tournaments this year.
I was surprised by how many names that we are all used to struggled, but Hideki ended up being consistent enough to get the jacket. I think that this shows off golf's diversity. I always enjoy watching the tourney and seeing the best players in the world fight for the top.
ReplyDelete