Cubs baseball is back!
After what seemed to be forever, baseball is finally back! The Cubs played their first spring training game yesterday and have another one today. Even though its not regular season and we can't watch all of the games it is still a good feeling to see the updates on social media. Every year I enjoy watching all of the activities that happen during the spring training games. During this time everyone is more relaxed and just focused on getting back to playing shape and enjoying their time with their team. A lot of times this is when fun activities happen that do not happen during the regular season. An example of this would be Cubs first baseman, Anthony Rizzo, bringing his dog to the field yesterday.
Overall I'm just happy that baseball is on the verge of being fully back now. Baseball has always been a summer time hobby for me so reading and seeing the news just means the summer is almost here. I'm hopeful that maybe we'll be able to watch some games in person this year. Although the Cubs may not be as competitive as they have been in recent years I'm still excited to watch them and baseball in general.
Watching the Cubs play again is awesome. I am excited for the season. Spring training is a whole mess with all of the new rules. I am just ready for the regular season to begin.
ReplyDelete