Drew Brees has officially retired
Back to back retirement blogs here. This time its soon to be Hall of Fame quarterback Drew Brees. Most people could see this coming but it just feels different when it is officially announced. After the Saints most recent loss in the playoffs there was a video that surfaced of Brees telling Jamesis Winston that the Saints were his team now. Same as the last blog in that even though us fans could see it coming it still just sucks. Watching an all time great walk away from the sport is something that never gets easier.
As I said earlier, he's a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer. He currently hold the NFL record for pass completions, completion percentage, touchdowns, and passing yards. That is basically every stat that is looked at when talking about quarterbacks. He leads almost every single category. To go beyond that he was a thirteen time pro bowler and one time all-pro. He even won a super bowl in 2010 with the Saints. The only accolade that escaped him in his career was an MVP award. Although it sucks to see him retire there is no doubt that his legacy will always be remembered as one of the best to ever do it.
Hey Logan! I'm with you man it's a major bummer to see him retire from the NFL and professional football but there is definitely no doubt that he has left a huge legacy and made himself known as powerhouse player and one of the best QBs in the game. I'm honestly super curious about what he's going to do in the future. I know there have been a ton of professional athletes that come to mind who do lots of philanthropic work and extra projects that aren't even necessarily sports based. One great example is the late, great legend himself Kobe Bryant. Even though his time was unfortunately cut short he made every moment count throughout his life and career with stuff like his film Dear Basketball by launching The Mamba Sports Academy in 2018. I'm hoping that Drew Brees kind of has a similar impact and effect by pursuing multiple projects, like even writing an autobiography, and having some form of involvement with the NFL or football in some way. It could even be cool if he started some training camps for kids to attend who are passionate about the game and then have some involvement there too.
ReplyDeleteDrew Brees is a very famous football player even to someone who doesn't closely follow football other than for my home team and for the big games like the super bowl. It is sad to see someone who has been in the NFL for so long and someone that is so important to the league is always sad. I think about how sad I was at my last high school soccer games and I cannot even began to fathom how sad Drew Brees is finishing not only his final football games but finishing something that has been a career for him thus far. -Chloe
ReplyDelete